AAPI’s Ground Breaking 10th Annual Global Healthcare Summit in Udaipur
identifies tangible ways to develop efficient Healthcare delivery in India
The ground breaking 10th annual Global Healthcare Summit (GHS) 2016 organized by the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI), which was attended by nearly 500 delegates from the US, India and abroad at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Udaipur, was inaugurated on December 28th.
Inaugural Ceremony - Dec 28, 2016
- Attended by more than 900 guests, chief guest was Mr. J P Nadda, Health Minister of India and Guest of Honor were Mr. Kali Charan Saraf and Mr. Gulab Chand Kataria, Health Minister and Home Minister.
- Master of Ceremony was Famous Bollywood star and standup comedian Mr. Shalesh Shah.
- Other dignitaries were Mrs. Amruta Fadnavis, First Lady of Maharashtra, Bollywood artistMrs. Zeenat Aman and all the dignitaries of Udaipur.
- Host of the evening was Dr. Kirti Jain who constructed the brand new auditorium in just 45 days.
- Along with the delicious, sumptuous cuisine and concluded by the most versatile Musician and dancers of Rajasthan.
- Padma Bhushan with her famous moves of Kalbelia dance, Rajasthani folk song artist Ghazi Khan another award winner and Bollywood style mixed Rajasthani dances by famous Manju Sharma and her troop.
The first ever international Research & Poster Contest on 12/28/16
- Done at the premises of RNT medical college.
- A great success with 291 entries in five different categories -and inaugurated by health minister-
- “Encouraging young medical researchers of Indian Origin, AAPI organized a first ever AAPI International Research Competition in collaboration with - Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, RNT Medical College, Udaipur, AIIMS Delhi
- The Research Paper Competition was conducted under five categories: Clinical Sciences and Patient Based Research; Basic Science/translational research; Innovations in Healthcare; Hospital and Healthcare Management; and AYUSH.
- All Medical Students, Residents, Young faculty up to 10 years after PG, Research Associates, Research Scientists, PhD Students, Hospital and Healthcare Management Students,
- This year AAPI took special initiatives to develop and promote the new and growing branch for patient care known as AYUSH.
CMEs, Seminars and Workshops on 12/28 through 12/30/2016
- The GHS offered educational and training programs on areas that need special attention, including high priority areas such as Cardiology, Maternal & Child Health, Diabetes, Oncology, Surgery, Mental Health, HIT, Lungs, Infectious Diseases, Allergy, Immunology & Lung Health and Gastroenterology, Transplant and impact of comorbidities, and AYUSH by world leaders in the field of medicine.
- The Summit was packed with seminars, workshops and symposiums on modern research and topics. The scientific program of GHS 2016 was developed by leading experts with the contributions of a stellar Scientific Advisory Board and International Scientific Committee.
- The Conference in collaboration with several professional associations from all over the world, accredited from Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for 12 hours of credits will be applied for.
- Concurrently on 12/28/16, an AAPI led EPS Workshop was held all day, which was moderated by Dr. Atul Prakash and was chaired by Dr. Davendra Mehta.
CEOs Forum & Leadership Meeting on 12/29/16
“I am willing to invest two hundred crore Rupees in Rajasthan,” Dr. Kiran Patel declared at the prestigious CEO Forum and Leadership Meeting. With additional investments from the banks, Dr. Patel said, the total investment could be upto Rs. 1,000 crores in the state of Rajasthan.
The CEO Forum was represented by CEOs of major hospitals, teaching institutions and healthcare sectors, including pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology from around the world, exploring potential opportunities for collaboration.
The esteemed panel of speakers included, Hon. Home Minister, Rajasthan, Shri Gulab Chandji Kataria; Hon. Minister for Health, Rajasthan, Shri Kali Charanji Saraf; Ms. Veenu Gupta, Principal Sec. Health; Dr. D.P. Singh, RNT Medical College; D.G. Shah, Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance; Dr. Sudharshan jain of Abbott; Dean Runetta, Indian Embassy, New Delhi; Neil Simon, President of AUI; Shubnum Singh, MAX MIHR; Wendy Brandon, CEO Central Florida Regional Hospital; Dr. Raja Babu Panwar, RUHS; Dr. Mahesh Mishra, AIIMS; Dr. Shakti Gupta, AIIMS; Dr. Prof. Bipin Batra, NBE; Prof. Dr. G. G. Gangadharan; Dr. Vijaydeep Siddharth, AIIMS; Dr. Vijay Tadia, AIIMS; Dr. Angel Ranjan Singh, AIIMS; Dr. Ramesh Joshi, Host. Org. Secretary; Dr. Ajay Lodha, President of AAPI; Dr. Gautam Samadder, President Elect; Dr. Naresh Parikh, Vice President; Dr. Manju Sachdev, Treasurer; Dr. Madhu Aggarwal, Chair, Board of Trustees; and Dr. SampatShivangi. The panel was moderated by Anwar Feroz, Honorary Advisor of AAPI.
- Veenu Gupta, Principal Sec. Health, State of Rajasthan gave a detailed presentation on the initiatives by the government of Rajasthan in the healthcare sector and the potential areas of collaboration between the state and NRIs.
- During a special presentation with Special Focus on Patient Centric Model, Dr. Sudharhan Jain stressed the need for India to have a patient centric approach and about the implications, challenges and the lessons learned.
- Another important discussion on advances and recent developments on Medical Tourism and how the state of Rajasthan can utilize the infrastructure to attract people from around the world.
- Healthcare CEO’s shared their experiences and best practices generating a white paper for recommendation to MOH and GOI for broader implementation.
- Areas of ongoing skill training, investment in infrastructure, modernizing healthcare delivery, and private-public collaboration specific to the state of Rajasthan in the healthcare sector were discussed and specific plans were laid, which will be sent in a White Paper report for follow up in the coming months.
Women’s Forum on 12/29/16
- “Man has muscle but woman has heart. I can be anything that a man can be, but a man cannot a mother.” Kiran Bedi, Lt. Governor of Puducherry, told AAPI delegates at the prestigious Women’s Forum, which had a galaxy of successful women, who shared with the delegates their own stories of growing up and facing challenges with conviction and courage, and have today become role models for other women around the world.
- Sonal Kalra, Chief Editor of Hindustan Times, Entertainment Magazine, moderated the Forum. Dr. Madhu Aggarwal, AAPI’s BOT Chair, shared of her experiences growing up in a family with her three sisters, all of them, having worked hard and have been able to become Physicians. “My parents insisted on the need for education and that paid off.”
- Amrita Fadnavis, Co-Chair of the Women’s Forum, and the Vice President of AXIS Bank, shared with the enthusiastic audience about her own life. “From early in life, my parents stressed on individuality. I was able to grow up with boys and shared equal responsibilities,” she said. Describing that a turning point came in her life, after her marriage to the current Chief Minister of the state of Maharashtra, Mr. Fadnavis.
- Zeenat Aman, Bollywood Actress, said that she comes from a woman-centric family. “From eary on in life, my mother convinced me that there isn’t anything that you cannot do. It’s all about having faith and resilience,” she said.
- Her suggestion to all women was; “Give 100 percent of yourself to everything that you do; as a mother, daughter and at work. I have tried to be a mother to my children in the same was my mother has been to be.” Looking at the men in the packed auditorium, the Bollywood star said, “All mothers have to be deeply respected.”
- Dr. Madhu Aggarwal, AAPI’s BOT Chair, shared of her experiences growing up in a family with her three sisters, all of them, having worked hard and have been able to become Physicians.
- Veenu Gupta, Principal Secretary, Health, Government of Rajasthan, said, how through hard work and dedication, she was able to become what she is today. Dr. Ratna Jain, Former Mayor of Kota, Brahma Kumari Chakradari of the Brahma Kumari Foundation, Dr. Savita of the Brahma Kumari Foundation, Dr. Shabnam Singh of the Max Institute; Preeti Malhotra of the SMART Group; Dr. Udhaya Shivanghi, Chair of AAPI’s Women’s Forum were other panelists who addressed the audience and spoke about the noble initiatives they have undertaken, after having overcome many initial challenges from family, society and cultural groups, and how they have become successful in life.
- A special discussion on Women's Leadership: Maternal & Child Health was held with special focus on addressing Child and Maternal health. The all women experts panel, had prominent women leaders from various fields including, Hospital CEO’s, Academicians, Leading Researchers, Healthcare Industry, Government, Public Health, Media, Bollywood and others.
- Gala banquet for our AAPI members in the lush green lawns of Radisson with Rajasthani Shahani and Dhols
- The cultural program on 29th had the famous Kathputli show for which Udaipur is known for and with classical Rajasthani show and especially the dairing Bhavai dance.
12 HOURS OF CME FOR AAPI DELEGATES
First ever full day EPS Seminar was organized by eight (8) famous cardiologits from India and USA.
Moderated by Dr. Atul Prakash & Dr. Davendra Mehta.
Concluding Ceremony on December 30th
The past Summits have helped develop strategic alliances with various organizations. It is these learning and relationships that have now enabled us to plan ahead and prepare for this outstanding event that has already received confirmation from very passionate Indian Americans who are very passionate about serving their homeland, Mother India.
Dr. Gautam Samadder, President-Elect of AAPI, while proposing vote of thanks, stated that “AAPI is taking on the many challenging issues and will work together and do all that we can to make healthcare delivery more efficient, affordable and modern in India.” He urged all AAPI members and guests to be part of the next Global Healthcare Summit to be held in Kolkotta from January 1st to 4th, 2018. For additional information on AAPI and its Global Healthcare Summit, please visit: www.aapiusa.org; www.aapighsindia.org
- International Research Competition - a great success
- TBI Center in Kota
- Training and making 10 instructors
- Announcement of Dr. Kiran Patel investment of about Rs. 1,000 crores out of which – Rs. 200 Crores his own.
- TBI by Dr. Manoj Jain - $10,000 funding done.
- EPS initiatives
- AYUSH initiatives - which is a very and most promising branch now and is taking lot of upheavals in USA. And in convention also we will have a seminar on it - as a parallel Plenary session in collaboration with Government of India.
- Allergy / Immunology Fellowship.to be started in Jaipur - efforts of Dr. Jayesh Kanuga
- AUA has promised to train 8 students from Rajasthan for a period of 6 months including, lodging, boarding, travel will be by Government of Rajasthan and rest us. We need names of 8 people asap.
Ajay K. Lodha, MD